DAN AND PROFESSOR ARTHUR

DAN AND PROFESSOR ARTHUR

February 19, 2010

DRUNKENESS

I saw a drunken man

Moving from a tavern

For-o- it was not him

He was but in a new world

In the city of drunkards

I saw his body, not him

The eyes stared blankly

And the movements were of such a stagger.

I saw him- a drunken man

Struggling to balance up his head

For he had lost the center of gravity.

He danced in tune to the music from his own World

He boxed someone invisible to me- or something!

And shouted a “wow!” for a victory.

To him, he caught something in the air

And stared at his palm-with laughter!

I saw a drunken man-no, his body

For the voice was neither his

Nor were the senses

But the alcohol’s

For he drank himself senseless

And lost his wits to alcohol.

1 comment:

Bruce Bennett said...

Daniel, you DO have talent! Very good --